Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog! My name is Marilyn, I am a 22 year old Floridian, majoring in Psychology and International Affairs, trying to navigate through all of my ambitions and guide them into reality. My goals for this blog is to create a safe space for reflection and motivational writing. Ideally, I would like to parse this blog into two halves: one in which I write about my interests and thoughts on areas of social justice and another where I explore conscious consumer behavior and positive self care habits. I enjoy taking care of myself (doesn’t everybody?) but I understand as a college student that may oftentimes fall to the wayside. This blog will serve as a hobby and a means for keeping me accountable and avoiding burn out. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I enjoy make up! And I may talk quite a bit about it so get excited. I also recognize that the cosmetics industry has been associated with damaging narratives such as animal cruelty, cultural insensitivity, negative self perceptions, and irresponsible business practices so I plan on exploring, and challenging, that side of things as well. I’m not your average beauty blogger! Hope you stay a while with me and see this blog grow!
♥ Personal Beauty Info! ♥
- I have naturally straight brown hair. I do not usually straighten or curl it, but I’m willing to experiment!
- I have combination acne prone skin with some scarring and usually wear light/medium foundation.
- It would be unfair for me to claim that all the products I use are 100% cruelty free or vegan. A big part of this blog is about progressing as a socially responsible consumer.
- My favorite products to experiment with are blush & lip colors.
♥ Favorites! ♥
- Spring colors: Coral and Mint
- Fall colors: Jewel tones
- Style Icon: Kimbra & Katy Perry
- Food: Pad thai, shrimp pasta, desserts (chai tea ice cream is pretty amazing)
- Book: Dreaming in Cuban
- Song at the Moment: Cameo Lover – Kimbra
- TV Show: Greys, Private Practice, Once Upon A Time, Touch, Walking Dead, Political Animals and Awake (such good shows! but cancelled 😥 )
- Bath & Body Works Candle: Caribbean Escape & Peach Bellini
- Perfume: Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (so expensive! I only have a rollerball), Express Love and Escada Ocean Lounge & Moon Sparkle
- Trend: Peplum, neon pastels, bold lips, chunky necklaces
- Shop: TjMaxx/Marshalls & Pacsun
- Weather: Sun Shower
- Pet: Mocha Cub the miniature dachshund :3 You will definitely see her around.
♥ Suggested Links! ♥